Learning English is important and people all over the world decide to study
it as a second language. Many countries include English as a second language in their school syllabus and children start learning English at a
However, do you know why learning English is so important? Here are ten
good reasons to take an English language course.
- English is the most commonly spoken language in the world. One out
of five people can speak or at least understand English!
- English is the language of science, of aviation, computers, diplomacy,
and tourism. Knowing English increases your chances of getting a
good job in a multinational company within your home country or of
finding work abroad.
- English is the official language of 53 countries. That is a lot of people
to meet and speak to.
- English is spoken as a first language by around 400 million people
around the world.
- English is the language of the media industry. If you speak English,
you won't need to rely on translations and subtitles anymore to enjoy
your favourite books, songs, films and TV shows.
- English is also the language of the Internet. Many websites are
written in English – you will be able to understand them and to take
part in forums and discussions.
- English is based on a simple alphabet and it is fairly quick and easy
to learn compared to other languages.
- English is not only useful – it gives you a lot of satisfaction. Making
progress feels great. You will enjoy learning English, if you remember
that every hour you spend gets you closer to perfection.
- Since English is spoken in so many different countries there are
thousands of schools around the world that offer programmes in
English. If you speak English, there're lots of opportunities for you to
find an appropriate school and course to suit your academic needs.
- Because it's fun! By learning English, you will also learn about other
cultures. Few experiences will make you grow as a person more than
learning the values, habits and way of life in a culture that is different